Monday, February 11, 2013

I'm back..to normal? almost.

Sorry, I haven't been on this for awhile. My family has been sick, on and off.

I don't know if anyone is aware of this. When you have a bad cold or allergies..(in my case. I can't figured out which one I have.) I had it on and off for a month and half.  I can't wear my hearing aids full term.  I would wear one or both if I have to. Then take them off several times a day.  It's because there are fluids in my ears, which that making it very sore.  (mold part) .  I noticed when I have a runny nose..it does means there's fluids in my ears too.   Very frustrating.

One thing, it never bothers me before but it could be now that I'm getting "old"..so maybe its a age thing?

A neat thing about the NEW hearing aids...If I wear one and the other one is in my pocket. (by the way, I do not recommended this..putting them in pockets) That is another story.   Somehow, it would accidentally go off in my pocket, and I CAN hear it .   With my old ones..I couldn't hear it.   I would be walking out of the door, clueless and people around me would gives me strange looks.

When I go out...I can wear my hat, sunglasses, or my vest coat (with high collar) without any feedback from  my hearing aids.   Cool!!! This is how..

On my first day of appointment, I had my ponytail up while fitting for the aids. Then I was already half way home when I took my ponytail off.  It started to "chime" (rather than whistling), and it kept going off.  At first, I wasn't sure what it was because it was all new to me.  I kept looking at my dashboard to see if my vehicle is trying to tell me something.   I waited until I got home and as soon as I went into the house, it kept chiming. And I was thinking it was the feedback from the right aid.  I tried to fix it but couldn't do it. So I had to take it off for the rest of the day.  It was OK the next day..but it kept coming back.  Then when I lifted my hair to see in the mirror, it stopped. Ah Ha ! That's when I figured it out.  I had to keep my ponytail on.   But I'm in 40's and I don't usually wear ponytail!  So this can't last.  I had to go back and this time..
I bought my hat, and sunglasses and wore my vest so we can eliminate the feedback during that process.  I recommended that. If you are using something that you wear daily, bring it during your appointment so they can adjusted it to your 'lifestyle".
It was better the second time around.  It takes time for the new hearing aids to "adjust" to my lifestyle. Really!



No comments:

Post a Comment